Often my clients ask for recommendations on where to get Engagement Photos in Hamilton and surrounding areas, this list should help my current/future couples to brainstorm some ideas for their engagement session. Feel free to share with your friends who are also looking for some ideas.
1. RedHill Trail Engagement Photos
A great location for a ‘nature’ hike, a casual, light set of photos.
2. Downtown Oakville Engagement Photos
Lot’s of great coffee shops and parks near the water.
3. Webster Falls Engagement Photos
It’s not the best place for a waterfall (they closed it off so you cant go to close to the waterfall’ but this location has lots of great scenery with a little hike.
4. Sherman Falls Engagement Photos
Probably one of the best waterfalls in Hamilton, you only hike for 5 minutes and your right up to the falls. A classic ‘nature’ location.
5. Dundas Valley Conservation Engagement Photos
Another hiking location but this one ends up with an old train and train tracks.
6. Spencer Smith Park Engagement Photos
Another favorite for its variety of scene locations, you get City, waterfront, and nature all in 1.
7. Balls Falls Engagement Photos
A great location for walking around and exploring nature with some cool buildings along the way. Love the greenery here in the summertime. (Bring bugs spray)
8. Hamilton Bay Front Engagement Photos
Nice little marina, also there’s the Williams Coffee side where they have nice walkways near the water – awesome around sunset.
9. Burlington Canal Lift Bridge Engagement Photos
Love this location, lots of open space with a lighthouse at the end. Also a small beach nearby. Classic spot here.
10. McMaster University Engagement Photos
I only shoot here when couples who went to this university request it. It’s ok 🙂
11. Harbour Banquet Hall Engagement Photos
Awesome location on the water located in Oakville, looks amazing around sunset.
12. Royal Botanical Gardens Engagement Photos
Good location to shoot in when it’s raining outside, really nice greenery and a well maintained location.
13. Paletta Lakefront Mansion Engagement Photos
An awesome Burlington location, lots of nature and your right by the water. We can’t shoot indoor though.
14. Downtown Hamilton Engagement Photos
Sometimes its just nice to walk around and explore, never really planned we just park and go for a walk.
15. Hutch’s on the Beach Engagement Photos
A classic Hamilton location right on the water, awesome early in the morning or around sunset. (Beach)
16. Burlington Village Engagement Photos
This is right by Spencer Smith Park – really nice little village, very European.
17. Dundern Castle Engagement Photos
Good historic architecture and a nice nature-ie spot in the back.
18. Battlefield House Engagement Photos
Love the historic look here, if you dig the look of it – you will love your shoot here.
19. Tiffany Falls Engagement Photos
Another awesome waterfall in Hamilton, it’s a bit of a hike to the waterfall but not too bad.
20. Oakville Marina Engagement Photos
Awesome location in downtown Oakville, there’s a nice hilltop with the water in the background – really nice.
21. Ripley’s Aquarium Engagement Photos
I shot here once, would love to go back one day. We went on a weekday at night (an hour before closing.) and it was perfect.
22. Flato Markham Theatre Engagement Photos
The couple performed there in the past, so we were allowed in to shoot – very cool! I’d love to shoot an engagement at an old theatre – you got the hook-ups?
23. Downtown Toronto Engagement Photos
Downtown Toronto at night is really nice, especially on a summer hot night. Love the challenge of the busy city-life.
24. Niagara on the Lake Engagement Photos
Lots of cool ‘old’ hotels to shoot in, walking around town is just beautiful.
25. At Home Engagement Photos
Don’t feel like going anywhere? Let’s make it a little intimate and shoot at your home.
26. Distillery District Engagement Photos
A Toronto classic, lots of great backdrops here and cool coffee shops and restaurants.
27. Warplane Heritage Museum Engagement Photos
Awesome location if you love airplanes, a permit is needed for photos but well worth it.